Sunday, August 12, 2012

By Popular Demand--Her Nursery

I know SO many of you have been asking me when I am finally going to post pictures of her nursery. Sorry! :) Its been done for a week or 2, but I keep waiting because her curtains are on back order. These lovely, ruffly curtains that I adore from Pottery Barn Kids will completely finish the plan. (Picture of them at the end of the blog.) Although I would like to get maybe one or 2 more things for the walls. But anyway, here it is... and I LOVE it.

I never wanted a super girly-girl nursery. I didn't want anything TOO pink and "froo-froo", and I knew I didn't want a "theme"-- just colors I loved. It turned out exactly how I have wanted and I can't wait for her to be in here.

It is kind of hard to tell, but the color on the walls is called Antiquan Sky by Sherwin Williams.It is basically a shade lighter than "Tiffany Box" or "Robin's Egg" blue. Teal almost. The bottom half of the wall is white wainscoting.

This is the view from the door to the left.


Closeup of the bedding and of her monogram above the bed which I LOVE.

Her glider...so comfortable and covered in chocolate brown chenille

Close up of that wall. Empty frames will hold newborn photos. The others are holding Shel Silverstein poems that I loved growing up.

Wall opposite the crib. Block initials above the changing table/dresser with a pink porcelain rose I found at Canton. 

Close up of that wall. White lettering says "Angels danced the day you were born". Love. :)

Bookcase built by Pops and her closet. Black piece on the far wall is a list of "life rules" my aunt got us.

Closet already filled with outfits/blankets and extra diapers. :)


Once they come in, the windows will be covered in these:

We often sit in this little room thinking about the baby girl that will soon be in it. We love being in this room already and know it will hold many precious memories in the days and months to come. :) Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Aja Speights said...

SOO pretty! I love it and can't wait to meet your daughter!!

Kristy Goldman said...

It's beautiful! Perfect color of blue and love the monogram! Now you just need Reagan!

Lainey Leno said...

Absolutely adorable!

Katie said...

I love how serene the room is and how you went with colors that you loved.

Also, mad props on the framed Shel Silverstein poems. What a wonderful idea! Which poems are they?

I am so blessed by the joy and excitement you have expressed as you anticipate Reagan's arrival. Thank you for sharing it with us!

Chelsie Sargent said...

Just perfect:)!

Aunt Kris said...

What a lucky little girl! Can't wait to meet her! Love you

amy said...

gorgeous! magazine worthy!